About the Program
Saluki Summer Bridge began as a pilot program in 2013. Twenty-eight students were selected for the first cohort. The goal is to successfully transition first year students to college life. According to research, the first year of college can be the most challenging.
What is Saluki Summer Bridge?
The Saluki Summer Bridge program is designed to help first-year students get an early start and adjust to student life. The program specifically helps incoming freshmen prepare for their first semester at SIU.
How much does the program cost?
If selected, there is a one-time fee of $25 to cover the cost of courses and other expenses during the program.
How will I benefit?
Summer Bridge students:
- Participate in two weeks of campus activities
- Engage in social and enrichment activities
- Explore different major/career options
- Explore student employment opportunities
- Meet campus faculty, staff, and administrators
Upon completion of the program, students will receive a $250.00 Textbook Scholarship.APPLY HERE!!!